COVID info: We plan to offer most of the classes for this semester course in-person. See details below. Masks will be required and class size will be strictly limited so please register early. (If public health orders prevent in-person classes at any time during the semester, we will livestream and provide a product pick-up option.)
This course is full. Please join us next semester.
Through this semester-long course students will learn how herbs can benefit many acute and chronic conditions including respiratory infections, digestive illness, ear infections, sore throats, auto-immunity, skin conditions, stress, chronic pain, insomnia, mood imbalances, deep immune issues, pathogens and parasites, heart health, lymph flow, urinary infections, and women’s health.
Students will learn about herbal actions and get hands-on experience preparing and using herbal remedies to take home including herbal infusions, decoctions, tinctures, infused oils, salves, medicated soaps, liniments, syrups, infused honey, and more.
The semester series also includes registration for all four of our in-depth, one day specialty topics:
- All About Aromatherapy
- Herbal Garden: Design & Care Strategies
- Western Herbal Energetics & Constitutions
- Herbal Cocktails
Additionally, this course includes three field classes:
- a field trip in the Sandia foothills focusing on plant identification and medicinal uses;
- a field trip in the Rio Grande Bosque focusing on plant identification, medicinal uses, and land stewardship;
- a morning of field work doing native medicinal plant restoration and habitat improvement with the Yerba Mansa Project (optional);
- (Additional field trips are offered seperately through the spring semester Wild Herbs of New Mexico Field Series and the Advanced Herbalist Group.)
More extras included: Through this course we will build a booklet of reference handouts from each class that includes a wealth of herbal information, remedy making instructions, recipes, and more. Each student will also receive a complementary United Plant Savers Student Membership including a copy of the Journal of Medicinal Plant Conservation, access to online educational materials, and discounts on herbal purchases.
The cost for semester enrollment includes all 4 of the single-day specialty classes, all of your herbal remedy-making supplies, field trips, medicinal plant restoration experience, class handouts, United Plant Savers Student Membership perks, and 34 hours of herbal instruction.
Save money with a single payment of $481
Register with a 2-payment plan. Make your first payment of $245.50 now and you will be invoiced for your subsequent payment of the same amount. The invoiced payment is due the month following the first payment. Payment plans are non-refundable. $491.
- Class Dates:
- 13 Tuesdays: August 24 to November 16 (6 pm – 8 pm) TUESDAYS ARE PLANNED FOR IN-PERSON
- 4 Saturdays: September 11 (10am – 1pm LIVESTREAM); September 18 (9am – 12noon IN-PERSON); October 16 (10 am – 12 pm LIVESTREAM); November 6 (10 am – 1 pm LIVESTREAM)
- Location: we hope to offer this course in-person at The Source, 1111 Carlisle Blvd SE
- For COVID safety, space will be strictly limited. Please register early as we expect this class to fill up ahead of time.
- Register below by choosing how you would like to pay.
Anna Marija Helt