Herbalism Series Summer
Through this semester-long course students will learn how herbs can benefit many acute and chronic conditions including respiratory infections, digestive illness, ear infections, sore throats, auto-immunity, skin conditions, stress, chronic pain, insomnia, mood imbalances, deep immune issues, thyroid problems, heart health, lymph flow, urinary infections, and women’s health.
Students will learn about herbal actions and get hands-on experience preparing and using herbal remedies to take home including herbal infusions, decoctions, tinctures, infused oils, salves, medicated soaps, liniments, syrups, herbal honey, skin creams, and lip balms.
What makes this series extra special are these included in-depth, one day specialty topics:
- Healing Depression, Anxiety & Brain Fog with Plants (can also be taken as a standalone course)
- Medical Cannabis: How it Works (can also be taken as a standalone course)
- Western Herbal Energetics & Constitutions (can also be taken as a standalone course)
- Herbal Skin Creams & Lip Balms (can also be taken as a standalone course)
Not only that, but two field trips in the Sandia foothills and Rio Grande Bosque focusing on plant identification and land stewardship through herbal practice are included as well. (Additional field trips are offered through the spring semester Wild Herbs of New Mexico Field Series and the Advanced Herbalist Group.)
Through this course, we will also build a booklet of reference handouts from each class that includes a wealth of herbal information, remedy making instructions, recipes, and more.
The cost for semester enrollment includes all 4 of the single-day specialty classes, all of your herbal remedy-making supplies, field trips, class handouts, and 34 hours of herbal instruction.
Save money with a single payment of $476
Register with a 3-payment plan. Make your first payment of $166 now and you will be invoiced for your 2 subsequent payments of the same amount due in September & October. $498.
- Class Dates:
- 13 Tuesdays: August 25 to November 17 (6 pm – 8 pm)
- 3 Saturdays: September 12 (10am – 1pm); October 17 (10 am – 12 pm); November 7 (10 am – 1 pm)
- Location: The Source at 1111 Carlisle SE
- Space is limited! Registration is required.
- Register below by choosing how you would like to pay.