Through this semester-long course students will learn how herbs can benefit many acute and chronic conditions including respiratory infections, digestive illness, ear infections, sore throats, auto-immunity, skin conditions, stress, chronic pain, insomnia, mood imbalances, deep immune issues, pathogens and parasites, heart health, lymph flow, urinary infections, and women’s health.
Students will learn about herbal actions and get hands-on experience preparing and using herbal remedies to take home including herbal infusions, decoctions, tinctures, infused oils, salves, medicated soaps, liniments, syrups, infused honey, and more.
The semester series also includes registration for all four of our in-depth, one day specialty topics:
- Natural Perfumery (In-Person)
- Invasive Plant Medicine (Live Online)
- Herbal History, Plants & Practice in Mexican Curanderismo (Live Online)
- Herbal Cocktails (In-Person)
Additionally, this course includes three field classes:
- a field trip in the Sandia foothills focusing on plant identification and medicinal uses;
- a field trip in the Rio Grande Bosque focusing on plant identification, medicinal uses, and land stewardship;
- a morning of field work doing native medicinal plant restoration and habitat improvement with the Yerba Mansa Project (optional)
More extras included: Through this course we will build a booklet of reference handouts from each class that includes a wealth of herbal information, remedy making instructions, recipes, and more.
The cost for semester enrollment includes all 4 of the single-day specialty classes, all of your herbal remedy-making supplies, field trips, medicinal plant restoration experience, class handouts, and 34 hours of herbal instruction.
Semester cost: $655 with all supplies included.
- 2023 Class Dates:
- 13 Tuesdays: August 15-November 14 (except Halloween) (6 pm – 8 pm)
- 4 Saturdays: September 9 (10am – 1pm); September TBA (9am – 12 noon); October 14 (10 am – 1 pm); November 4 (10 am – 1pm)
- Location: Tuesday sessions take place at The Source, 1111 Carlisle Blvd. SE
- Space is limited. Registration is required.
Anna Marija Helt
Atava Garcia Swiecicki